Bharatiya Varishtha Nagarik Samiti, popularly
known as BHAVANA, was established in the year 2000. Bhavana
is working for the cause and care of Aged Persons, irrespective
of their religion, caste, creed or financial status, with
the ultimate aim of empowering them to take decisions pertaining
to their own lives with positive outlook. It is a secular,
apolitical, non-profit, non-government, All India voluntary
organisation, registered under the Societies Registration
Act, 1860, in the year 2000. (Regn. no. 662/2000-01)
1. National Conference of senior citizens: Bhavana hosted Aisccon’s Thirteenth All India National Conference of Senior Citizens at Lucknow on 22nd- 23rd Nov, 2013. Conference was attended by over 2000 delegates from all parts of India. Main theme of Conference was “Geriatric Care in India- Challenges & Prospects”. Conference was graced by dignitaries from Government, NGOs & Geriatric Care specialists. Based on proceedings of conference, Resolutions were adopted and MOUs were submitted to Union & State Govts.
2. Run for Awareness of HIV/AIDS: A Mini Marathon Run to create Awareness of HIV/AIDS among adolescents was organized by Bhavana on 29th July, 2012, which was inaugurated by His Highness The Governor of Uttar Pradesh, Shri B. L. Joshi . Large number of students took part in the Run. It was followed by a seminar and a quiz on HIV/AIDS. Winners were given prizes. The programme was followed by community lunch.
3. Maintenance & Welfare of Parents and Senior Citizens Act 2007 (MWPSCAct2007) and Uttar Pradesh State Policy of Senior Citizens: Bhavana has always been raising the problems faced by elders at various levels right from its inception. Adoption/ Notification of MWPSCAct 2007 by U P Govt in 2012 and declaration of Uttar Pradesh State Policy of Senior Citizens in 2016 were largely the outcome of sustained efforts by Bhavana in association with other organizations in State. A massive Rally of older persons ( 2000 elders) on 16th Aug, 2010 at Lucknow, Observance of Nation’s Senior Citizens Solidarity Day on 16th Aug, 2011, and finally A Massive DHARNA opposite Lucknow Vidhan Sabha on 16th Aug, 2012 was led by Bhavana.
4. Bhavana Hosted Annual General Body meeting of Indian Society of U3As 0n 13th Nov, 2016, which was followed by a Seminar on “Geriatric Care in India: Challenges and Prospects”.
To be the most respected non-government voluntary organization of India working for the upliftment of the under-privileged individuals and help them lead an empowered life.
To create a profound and everlasting impact by our commitment to our members in particular, aged persons in general and mankind at large in India and beyond.
1. Bhavana’s Prime objective is Advocacy for the cause of senior citizens.
2. To foster, in Senior Citizens, feelings of Self-reliance, Cooperation, Endurance, Service and Devotion to make them live a happy, healthy and meaningful life.
3. To undertake various services and programs for their support and welfare.
4. To create awareness in the younger people about the problems of the Elders in India and to motivate them to come forward for their help and support.
5. To undertake various services and programs for the upliftment of the weaker section of the society including women, children, physically challenged persons and destitute.
6. To extend cooperation to and obtain cooperation from other organizations for achieving these objectives.
Bhavana publishes this quarterly magazine
with the following objectives:
To debate and discuss issues of relevance to the ageing people.
To apprise them about the policies of the Central and State Governments relevant to them.
To motivate them to remain lively by taking interest in life around them.
To mobilize their participation in programs and services meant for building a caring society.
To maintain close coordination and cooperation between Bhavana and other NGOs and organizations working for the welfare of Senior Citizen and for the upliftment of weaker section of society including women, handicaps and destitutes.
view subscription details
JAN 2018Bhavana Sandesh
Pub: Jan, 2018
APRIL 2018Bhavana Sandesh
Pub: APRIL, 2018
July 2018Bhavana Sandesh
Pub: July, 2018
Important recent activities at Bhavana. For full list of the activities please »click here
BHAVANA’S 17TH ANNUAL CONVENTIONLucknow, India
March 5, 2017
Bhavana’s 17th Annual Convention was held at Rai Umanath Bali Auditorium, Lucknow on 5th or March 2017.View Event
Annual General Meeting of ISU3A and SeminarLucknow, India
Nov 13, 2016
Annual General Meeting of ISU3A and Seminar for care giving to elders, at Jaishankar Prasad Sabhagar, Lucknow.View Event